cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Lifecycle Callback
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:05:51 GMT
> I will have to look into
> that Interface some more though, seems I missed some evolution there.

It wasn't widely announced. In 1.2 ObjectContext was introduced
mostly for the sake of the remote client, but it proved useful in
many different situations (taking advantage of decorator pattern
being one of the major benefits). Still we haven't told everybody to
rush with a switch from DataContext to ObjectContext, as there are a
bunch of legacy API's that rely on DataContext (DataContextDelegate,
DataContextFactory, thread-bound DataContext, etc.). We need to
figure out how to migrate those before we make it official.

Andrus