cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Descriptive commit messages
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:31:36 GMT
Sorry to be a pain in the neck about this, but could we please use more
descriptive commit messages?  I do try to read the commit emails, but
since the vast majority of comments are "CAY-XYZ", I can't really tell
what's going on unless I then look it up in JIRA.  Even including just
the JIRA issue subject would be a big help.  Something that actually
describes the changeset would be even better.  For example:

"Added new implementation of blah to make blah2 even easier (CAY-XYZ)."

I know I made the request in the past, so if I'm the only one this
bothers, then I'll drop the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

--