cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Wiesmann <awiesm...@somap.org>
Subject Re: DataView status
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:22:44 GMT
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:25:21 -0400
Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> This sounds like a reasonable strategy. I guess we can promise that
> much. But again, I appreciate if all interested parties could
> actually help us with DV maintenance. You probably know much more
> about DV than myself or any of the current committers anyways :-)

I have no problem in helping out with some DV maintenance (or testing).
Now that I worked with the DataViews for quite some while I think I know
what these views are and what is missing.

Unfortunately the SOBF tool has no full time developer and does not bring
in any money and therefore I can make no commitment. But I am willing to
supply the "cayenne core team" with patches and diffs. Although this would
require somebody from the core team willing and interested to go through
my/our stuff and work that into the official source.

> It would be cool if we could find one or more dedicated developers
> with a vision in this area to lead the Swing effort. But I'll keep
> dreaming...

As I said earlier, I am interested to supply the cayenne project with
enhancements and stuff we do for the SOBF tool. But it has to be clear
that this will always be a "side effect" and no full committment. And of
course I would welcome if I would not be the only one volunteering :)

> I like your website :-)

How come?

Adrian