cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: ROPWSDL
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:17:16 GMT
Catching up on this....

On Aug 28, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Michael Victorov wrote:
> I  tried  to  get as much entity resolving related data from server as
> possible.   I   decided   to   keep  obj-entity  and  obj-relationship
> definitions  at  the  client  side  and  all other things are got from
> server (through bootstrap request). These "all other things" are query
> definitions...
>

> So I have done following modifications:
>
>  - No "db-entity" elements in *.map.xml files on client side.
>  - No "db-relationship" elements.
>  - "Obj-entitiy" has no "dbEntityName" attribute.
>  - "Obj-relationship" has no "db-relationship-path" attribute.
>  - "Obj-relationship" has attribute "toMany". Originally this
>    information was in the "db-relationship" declaration.
>  - "Obj-relationship" has attribute "reverseRelationshipName"
>    which meaning is understood from it's name.
>  - "Obj-relationship" has attribute "readOnly".
>  - No "query" elements. Query information is loaded directly from
>    server.
>
> We have no platfrom-dependend data in the SOAP interchange and also
> we have no data base info at the client side.

Great. In the future we may use DataMap.getClientDataMap(..) which
also strips DB* part, to provide some sort of defaults to the client,
and use the client map to override the server definitions (after
working with JPA, I started to appreciate defaults :-)).

> I think it would be nice to have jar file with client config and
> classes available for downloading from web app.

Then why bother with an extra *.map.xml, since
DataMap.getClientDataMap(..) can provide one.

Andrus