cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject NSIS CayenneModeler.exe
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 04:14:30 GMT
Just closed CAY-493 - switching CayenneModeler.exe building from
Launch4J. I would appreciate if any of the Windows users on this list
could build the code from 2.0 branch and give feedback on the new
modeler launcher. Note - unlike the Launch4J version, the new exe has
to stay in the distro directory, as it has relative references to the
jar files. Creating Windows "shortcuts" should work.

Here is the build procedure:

1. Install NSIS - http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/
2. Checkout 2.0:

# svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/
branches/STABLE-2.0/cayenne/ cayenne-2.0

3. Build a windoze release with Ant:

# cd cayenne-2.0/cayenne-ant && ant release-win

4. Test CayenneModeler.exe

Thanks
Andrus

P.S. And just when I thought 2.0 is so close, I noticed a
jarbundler.jar - another GPL'd piece used to build the Mac
Modeler :-/ Looks like WOProject will be getting a new Ant task soon...