cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Green light for 2.0.1
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:46:29 GMT
I just closed all remaining IP issues and looks like we are good to
go with 2.0.1 release. In the next few days (or maybe later tonight)
I'll make sure that all the right documentation and LICENSE/NOTICE
files are packaged. In the meantime I wanted to confirm the release
procedure, as this is our first release through the incubator, and
this page is is just a big TODO:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

1. A release manager (me) posts the release files on people.apache.org
2. Internal vote and review within the project starts (who has a
binding vote? PPMC or all committers? I'd say each committer should
get a vote).
3. Once we pass that (72 hours??), we start the vote on the Incubator
list (how many votes do we need there?)
4. Once we get through that, we post the release on Apache mirrors
(how?)

Appreciate any insight on that while I am finishing item (1).

Andrus