cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Modeler assemblies and maven modules renaming
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:32:44 GMT
Folks,

I created a Maven plugin to build runnable Modeler for different
platforms, based on the same JApplication Ant task that was
successfully used for 2.0 branch. I'll document it better at some point:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/WOProject-Maven2

Here is how it can be invoked from Maven:

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
	<artifactId>maven-japplication-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<mainClass>test.Main</mainClass>
		<icon>CayenneModeler.icns</icon>
		<os>mac</os>
	</configuration>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<phase>package</phase>
			<goals>
				<goal>japplication</goal>
			</goals>
		</execution>
	</executions>
</plugin>

I am going to do a few things now, some of them affecting module naming:

* delete "cayenne/modeler/dvmodeler" (already done)
* rename "cayenne/modeler/modeler" to "cayenne/modeler/cayenne-
modeler" so that folder matches the artifact name
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-java" - artifact for cross-platform
Modeler.
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-mac" - artifact for Mac Modeler.
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-window" - artifact for Windows
Modeler.

This way the Modeler can be built into a single .jar/.app with all
dependencies without running the release assemblies. "cayenne/
assembly" project can benefit from that as well.

Andrus