cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Manu Chadha <manu.cha...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra and Docker
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2020 06:14:47 GMT
I forgot to mention, I am on Windows 10

________________________________
From: Manu Chadha <manu.chadha@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:04:03 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Cassandra and Docker

Hi

I want to run Cassandra within Docker. I am new to both to be honest.

  1.  Is it better to use Cassandra within Docker or is it better to install/run Cassandra
directly on a VM in the cloud?
  2.  Is there a Docker image for Cassandra (for 3.11.4) which I can pull/use?
  3.  How will data be stored if I use Docker/Cassandra? If the container stops, then would
re-running the image use existing data or would I use lose data?
  4.  How would I configure a DC if I use Docker/Cassandra? Say I run 3 containers on 3 VMs
for RF=3, how would I provide this configuration through Docker?

Thanks

Manu