cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Erick Ramirez <erick.rami...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Implication of having similar private IPs in two datacenters
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2020 00:58:46 GMT

> In a network one can assign valid private IP. Private IPs can conflict if
> we do not put any restriction on private IP.

Yes, you're right and I was aware of that (not realising that your question
was more around what I would consider multi-region comms). My disconnect
now is around the motivation for doing it.

Yes, it will work since C* will communicate over the broadcast address
across regions. But I personally wouldn't go down this path for the
operational complexity it adds though YMMV. Cheers!