cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Surbhi Gupta <surbhi.gupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra upgrade from 3.11.3 -> 3.11.6
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2020 00:56:15 GMT
Hi ,

We have recently upgraded from 3.11.0 to 3.11.5 . There is a sstable format
change from 3.11.4 .
We also had to expand the cluster and we also discussed about expansion
first and than upgrade. But finally we upgraded and than expanded.
As per our experience what I could tell you is, it is not advisable to add
new nodes on higher version.
There are many bugs which got fixed from 3.11.3 to 3.11.6.

Thanks
Surbhi