cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Jakobi <...@ordix.de>
Subject Replication system_distributed
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2020 07:23:10 GMT
Hi,

the default definition of the keyspace system_distributed is:
CREATE KEYSPACE system_distributed WITH replication = {'class': 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor':
'3'}  AND durable_writes = true;

If I understand correctly, every repair information will be replicated on three servers in
the cluster. I have changed the RF to '1'. Once i stop the entire cluster, the replication
factor changes again to 3. It seems Cassandra wants it to be 3.

Doesn`t that reduce performance on repair operation?
Why is the RF changed again after restart the cluster?
Are there reasons why you shouldn`t change the replication factor to 1?

Thanks,
Marcel