cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Reddy <rahulreddy1...@gmail.com>
Subject Ec2 instance transient network issues caused 500 errors
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:28:46 GMT
Hello,

We have our cassandra cluster running on aws and we have 2 dc’s 6 and 6 nodes in both regions
with RF=3 and cassandra version 3.11.3 . One of the ec2 instance had  issues with network
issues for 9 minutes. Since it was network issue neither ec2 was down nor cassandra down.
But this caused high coordinator latecnys(5 Seconds) and this impacted 5% of our traffic impacted
with timeouts. We have both disk_failure_policy and commit_failure_policy set to stop.  Please
let me know if any work around for this ind of issues?

Sent from my iPhone