cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jordan West <jorda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: execute is faster than execute_async?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2019 08:34:32 GMT
Hi,

Have you tried batching calls to execute_async with periodic blocking for
the batch’s responses? I’ve witnessed this behavior as well with large or
no batches and while I didn’t have time to investigate fully its likely due
to message queuing behavior within Cassandra (pre-4.0). Smaller batches or
execute() alleviates the queueing issues and spreads the load more evenly
across the time quanta being measured.

Jordan