cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Fred Habash <fmhab...@gmail.com>
Subject Measuring Cassandra Metrics at a Sessions/Connection Levels
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:37:37 GMT
Hi all ...

We are facing a scenario where we have to measure for some metrics on a per
connection or client basis. For example. count of read/write request by
client IP/host/user/program. We want to know the source of C* requests for
budgeting, capacity planing, or charge-backs.
We are running 2.2.8.

I did some research and I just wanted to verify my findings ...

1. C* 4+ has two instruments 'nodetool clientstats' & system_view.clinets
2. Earlier release have no native instruments to collect these metrics

Is there any other way to measure such metrics?

Thank you