cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Inquistive allen <inquial...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facing issues while starting Cassandra
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2019 06:01:19 GMT
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for responding.
I have validated the cassandra.yaml file with other hosts in the cluster.
There is no difference. I copied a yaml file from other node to this node
and changed the required configs. Still facing the same issue.
The server went down for patching and after coming back up, Cassandra
dosent seem to start.
Having looked for solutions on google, I found that it might be a problem
with the /tmp directory where the classes are stored.
Each time I try starting Cassandra, in the /tmp directory a new directory
is created, but nothing is inside the directory. After some time, the node
goes down.

I believe there is something to do with the /tmp directory.
Request you to comment on the same.

Thanks