cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra migration from 1.25 to 3.x
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:26:01 GMT
First and foremost, read NEWS.txt from your current version to the
version you wish to upgrade to. There are too may details that you many
need to be aware of. For instance, in the 2.0.0 Upgrading notes:

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-3.11/NEWS.txt#L1169-L1178

I assume you meant 1.2.5, so you're first step is to upgrade to at least
1.2.9 (I would suggest using latest 1.2.x, which is 1.2.19). Then you
can to to 2.0.x and up.

Practicing on a scratch cluster is valuable experience. Reading the
upgrade notes in NEWS.txt is a must.

--
Kind regards,
Michael