cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recover lost node from backup or evict/re-add?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:01:56 GMT
To avoid violating consistency guarantees, you have to repair the replicas while the lost node
is down

Once you do that it’s typically easiest to bootstrap a replacement (there’s a property
named “replace address first boot” you can google or someone can link) that tells a new
joining host to take over for a failed machine.

> On Jun 12, 2019, at 6:54 AM, Alan Gano <AGano@tsys.com> wrote:
>

> If I lose a node, does it make sense to even restore from snapshot/incrementals/commitlogs?
>
> Or is the best way to do an evict/re-add?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alan.
>
> NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Unless you are the
intended addressee, any review, reliance, dissemination, distribution, copying or use whatsoever
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply
immediately and delete the material from all computers. Email sent through the Internet is
not secure. Do not use email to send us confidential information such as credit card numbers,
PIN numbers, passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, or other important and confidential
information.