cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compaction resume after node restart and upgrade
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2019 01:07:48 GMT
Yes  - the incomplete sstable will be deleted during startup (in 3.0 and newer there’s a
transaction log of each compaction in progress - that gets cleaned during the startup process)

> On Jun 17, 2019, at 6:02 PM, Nitan Kainth <nitankainth@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The interim/temp sstable will delete by itself?
>

> Regards,
> Nitan
> Cell: 510 449 9629
>
>> On Jun 17, 2019, at 7:15 PM, Jeff Jirsa <jjirsa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jun 17, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Nitan Kainth <nitankainth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> C* version 3.0.16.
>>> Two questions:
>>> 1. If major compaction is in progress and we restart the node, will compaction
start from beginning or will it resume from where the node was shut down?

>> You’ll have to restart it manually , and it’ll restart from the beginning
>>

>>> 2. If we upgrade binaries to C* 4.0 while compaction is running, will it resume
the compaction or start over or no compaction would kick in?

>> Normal compactions will start over on restart but major compaction would need to
be run again manually