cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Morten A. Iversen" <mort...@mnemonic.no.INVALID>
Subject Difficulties after nodetool removenode
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:35:57 GMT
Hi,

We had a hardware issue with one node in a Cassandra cluster and had to use the "nodetool
removenode UUID" command from a different node. This seems to be running fine, but one node
was restarted after the "nodetool removenode" command was run, and now it seems all streams
going from that node have stopped.

On most nodes I can see both "Receiving X files, Y bytes total. Already received Z files,
Q bytes total" and "Sending X files, Y bytes total. Already sent Z files, Q bytes total" messages
when running nodetool netstats.

Nodes are starting to complete this process, but for the node that was restarted after the
"nodetool removenode" command I can only see the "receiving" messages, and on the other nodes
the progress from that node seems to have stopped. Is there some way to restart the process
on only the node that was restarted?

Regards

Morten Iversen