cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nick Hatfield <nick.hatfi...@metricly.com>
Subject Joining a node to the cluster when streaming hosts die
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 17:43:49 GMT
Hello,

Scenario:
I am joining a new host to my cluster and while joining, one of the hosts that is streaming
data to it, fell over from diskspace filling up. Once the node was marked DN by the rest of
the cluster, I gracefully restarted the node. I can see all appears to be fine when it came
back online, but the data it was streaming never re-started.

Question:
Is there an easy way, other than stopping and restarting the entire join process over, to
get a node to re-initiate data that it is responsible for streaming after it dies and comes
back online?

Thanks,