cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Garvit Sharma <garvit...@gmail.com>
Subject Counter table in Cassandra
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 00:24:11 GMT
Hi,

I am using counter tables in Cassandra and I want to understand how the
concurrent updates to counter table are handled in Cassandra.

There are more than one threads who are responsible for updating the
counter for a partition key. Multiple threads can also update the counter
for the same key.

In case when more than one threads updating the counter for the same key,
how Cassandra is handling the race condition?

UPDATE cycling.popular_count
 SET popularity = popularity + 1
 WHERE id = 6ab09bec-e68e-48d9-a5f8-97e6fb4c9b47;

Are there overheads of using counter tables?
Are there alternatives to counter tables?

Thanks,
--

Garvit Sharma
github.com/garvitlnmiit/

No Body is a Scholar by birth, its only hard work and strong determination
that makes him master.