cassandra-user mailing list archives

From onmstester onmstester <onmstes...@zoho.com.INVALID>
Subject How to set up a cluster with allocate_tokens_for_keyspace?
Date Sat, 04 May 2019 09:13:39 GMT
I just read this article by tlp:

https://thelastpickle.com/blog/2019/02/21/set-up-a-cluster-with-even-token-distribution.html

Noticed that:

>>We will need to set the tokens for the seed nodes in each rack manually. This is to
prevent each node from randomly calculating its own token ranges

 But until now, i was using this recommendation to setup a new cluster:

You'll want to set them explicitly using: python -c 'print( [str(((2**64 / 4) * i) - 2**63)
for i in range(4)])'

After you fire up the first seed, create a keyspace using RF=3 (or whatever you're planning
on using) and set allocate_tokens_for_keyspace to that keyspace in your config, and join the
rest of the nodes. That gives even
distribution.

I've defined plenty of racks in my cluster (and only 3 seed nodes), should i have a seed node
per rack and use initial_token for all of the seed nodes or just one seed node with inital_token
would be ok?
Best Regards