cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kunal <kunal.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Unpair cassandra datacenters
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2019 22:37:25 GMT
Hi Friends,

I need small help in unpairing two datacenters.
We have 2 datacenters (say A and B ) with 3 nodes in each datacenter. We
want to remove one whole data center (B) (3 nodes) from the other one (B).
basically, want to unpair both datacenter and want to use them both
individually.
We are trying this using nodetool decommission and it is removing the 3
nodes from B datacenter. But when we are trying to bring up datacenter B to
use it separately from Datacenter A, it is joining back to datacenter A. We
noticed in debug.log, nodes from datacenter A keeps looking for nodes in
datacenter B and getting connection refused error when the nodes of
datacenter B are down, but as soon as nodes comes back, they are joining to
the cluster.
We don't want nodes from datacenter B to join datacenter A once they are
decommissioned.

Can you please let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kunal Vaid