cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dieudonné Madishon NGAYA <dmng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cluster size "limit"
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:23:02 GMT
Hi  Ahmed Eljami,
Problem is not only number of nodes.
what is your capacity per node ?
recommandations from Datastax is keeping data per node near or below 1 TB.
Exceeding this value has  the following effects:

   - .Extremely long times (days) for bootstrapping new nodes.
   - .Impacts maintenance (day-to-day operations), such as recovering,
   adding, and replacing nodes.
   - .Reduces efficiency when running repairs.
   - .Significantly extends the time it takes to expand datacenters.
   - .Substantially increases compactions per node.

Higher capacity nodes works best with static data and low access rates.

Best regards

[image:
https://www.facebook.com/DMN-BigData-371074727032197/?modal=admin_todo_tour]
<https://www.facebook.com/DMN-BigData-371074727032197/?modal=admin_todo_tour>