cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Brotman" <kenbrot...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: AxonOps - Cassandra operational management tool
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2019 06:05:18 GMT
Sorry, Nitan was only making a comment about this post but the comments I’m making are to
AxonOps.

It appears we don’t have a name for anyone at AxonOps at all then!  You guys are going to
need to be more open.

From: Kenneth Brotman [mailto:kenbrotman@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2019 10:02 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: AxonOps - Cassandra operational management tool

Nitan,

A few thoughts:

Isn’t it a lot to expect folks to download, install and evaluate the product considering,

·         You aren’t being very clear about who you are,

·         You don’t have any videos demonstrating the product,

·         You don’t provide any testimonials,

·         You have no case studies with repeatable results, ROI, etc.  All the normal stuff.

·         What about testing?  No one knows how well tested it is.  Why would we download
it?

Don’t forget that the open source Cassandra community is already addressing ways in which
Cassandra itself will be able to do several of the things that you listed.

How much added value are you providing with this product?  It’s up to you to make the case.
 You’ll have to spend more time on the business side of things if you want to do any business.

Kenneth Brotman