cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Brotman" <kenbrot...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Help with sudden spike in read requests
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:55:08 GMT
If you had a query that went across the partitions and especially if you had vNodes set high,
that would do it.

Kenneth Brotman

From: Subroto Barua [mailto:sbarua116@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2019 8:45 AM
To: User cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Help with sudden spike in read requests

In our production cluster, we observed sudden spike (over 160 MB/s) in read requests on *all*
Cassandra nodes for a very short period (less than a min); this event happens few times a
day.

I am not able to get to the bottom of this issue, nothing interesting in system.log or from
app level; repair was not running

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could have triggered this event? Under what condition
C* (if it is tied to c*) will trigger this type of event?

Thanks!

Subroto