If you absolutely have to use Cassandra as the source of your data, I agree with Dor.

That being said, if you're going to be doing a lot of analytics, I recommend using something other than Cassandra with Spark.  The performance isn't particularly wonderful and you'll likely get anywhere from 10-50x improvement from putting the data in an analytics friendly format (parquet) and on a block / blob store (DFS or S3) instead.