cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dor Laor <...@scylladb.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Splitting databases
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2019 08:07:21 GMT
Basically it's all variations of alter keyspace command, depends on your
actual starting point.
ALTER KEYSPACE mykespace WITH replication = { 'class' :
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'replication_factor': '3', '<exiting_dc>' : 3,
<new_dc> : 4};

The best is to play a bit with multi DC setup with docker images and repeat
it with a test dataset until you are confidence about the
commands and their outcome. This example should work with Cassandra:
https://www.scylladb.com/2018/03/28/mms-day7-multidatacenter-consistency/