cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jinhua Luo <luajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Why columnfilter fetch all columns even if the selection is a subset?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:41:46 GMT
Hi,

I found the columnfilter.isFetchAll is always true even when I select
a subset of columns.

In the codes:

private ColumnFilter gatherQueriedColumns()
{
    if (selection.isWildcard())
        return ColumnFilter.all(cfm);

    ColumnFilter.Builder builder = ColumnFilter.allColumnsBuilder(cfm);
    // Adds all selected columns
    for (ColumnDefinition def : selection.getColumns())
        if (!def.isPrimaryKeyColumn())
            builder.add(def);
    // as well as any restricted column (so we can actually apply the
restriction)
    builder.addAll(restrictions.nonPKRestrictedColumns(true));
    return builder.build();
}

Here ColumnFilter.allColumnsBuilder(cfm) set isFetchAll to true.

Why?