cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing a Cassandra cluster with multiple Linux OSs (Ubuntu+CentOS)
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:40:18 GMT
Should be fine, just get the java and kernel versions and kernel tuning params as close as
possible

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Oct 14, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Eyal Bar <eyal.bar@kenshoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Did anyone installed a Cassandra cluster with mixed Linux OSs where some of the nodes
were ubuntu 12\14\16 and some of the nodes where CentOS7?

> Will it work without issues?
>
> Rational: We have a 40 servers cluster which was originally installed only with Ubuntu
servers. Now we want to move to CentOS 7 but the effort of reinstalling the entire cluster
+ migration to CentOS 7 is not simple. So we thought about adding new CentOS 7 nodes to the
existing cluster and gradually remove the Ubuntu ones.

> Would love to read your thoughts.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Eyal Bar
> Big Data Ops Team Lead | Data Platform and Monitoring  | Kenshoo
> Office +972 (3) 746-6500 *473
> Mobile +972 (52) 458-6100
> www.Kenshoo.com
>

> This e-mail, as well as any attached document, may contain material which is confidential
and privileged and may include trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights
that are proprietary to Kenshoo Ltd,  its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Kenshoo"). This e-mail
and its attachments may be read, copied and used only by the addressee for the purpose(s)
for which it was disclosed herein. If you have received it in error, please destroy the message
and any attachment, and contact us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any review, reliance, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this message without Kenshoo's express permission is strictly prohibited.