cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anup Shirolkar <anup.shirol...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Upgraded to 3.0.17, stop here or move forward?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 23:30:16 GMT
Hi,

Yes it makes sense to move to 3.11.3
The release has features and bug fixes which should be useful to your
cluster.

However, if you are planning to use GROUP_BY, UDFs etc.
Please be cautious about the performance implications it may cause if not
done with suitable queries.

 I am not aware of any specific doc to perform the upgrade.
But, the steps you are following for upgrades looks fine.

I think the `upgradesstables` step is not in correct place in upgrade
sequence.
I think upgrade sequence should be:

- snapshot
- drain and stop
- backup configs
- install new release
- review config updates (patch existing config)
- start Cassandra
- *upgradesstables*

*Not to forget*: Perform upgrade on one node at a time.

Regards,

Anup Shirolkar

Instaclustr <https://www.instaclustr.com/>