cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Max C." <mc_cassan...@core43.com>
Subject Re: nodetool status and node maintenance
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 05:52:48 GMT
Agree - avoid parsing nodetool, if you can.  I’d add that if anyone out there is interested
in JMX but doesn’t want to deal with Java, you should install Jolokia so you can interact
with Cassandra’s JMX data via a language independent REST-like interface.

https://jolokia.org/ <https://jolokia.org/>

Jolokia is what made it possible for us to get out of nodetool parsing and into writing tools
in our native language — Python.  We’re big fans!

- Max

> On Oct 29, 2018, at 7:02 am, Horia Mocioi <horia.mocioi@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Instead of parsing the output from nodetool (running nodetool is quite intensive) maybe
you could have a java program that would monitor via JMX (org.apache.cassandra.net.FailureDetector).

> You have less burden compared to running periodically nodetool and more control on the
things that you could do.

> Regards,
> Horia
>
> On fre, 2018-10-26 at 09:15 -0400, Saha, Sushanta K wrote:
>> I have script that parses "nodetool status" output and emails alerts if any node
is down. So, when I stop cassandra on a node for maintenance, all nodes stats emailing alarms.