cassandra-user mailing list archives

From onmstester onmstester <onmstes...@zoho.com>
Subject how to configure the Token Allocation Algorithm
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 05:16:27 GMT
Since i failed to find a document on how to configure and use the Token Allocation Algorithm
(to replace the random Algorithm), just wanted to be sure about the procedure i've done: 1.
Using Apache Cassandra 3.11.2 2. Configured one of seed nodes with num_tokens=8 and started
it. 3. Using Cqlsh created keyspace test with NetworkTopologyStrategy and RF=3. 4. Stopped
the seed node. 5. add this line to cassandra.yaml of all nodes (all have num_tokens=8) and
started the cluster: allocate_tokens_for_keyspace=test My cluster Size won't go beyond 150
nodes, should i still use The Allocation Algorithm instead of random with 256 tokens (performance
wise or load-balance wise)? Is the Allocation Algorithm, widely used and tested with Community
and can we migrate all clusters with any size to use this Algorithm Safely? Out of Curiosity,
i wonder how people (i.e, in Apple) config and maintain token management of clusters with
thousands of nodes? Sent using Zoho Mail