cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Bay...@tradeweb.com>
Subject RE: openjdk for cassandra production cluster
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 15:09:50 GMT
I’m using OpenJDK on version 3.10 (rehl 7.3) in Production and have the warning in the logs.
I have a stable system, I think you can ignore it.

From: Jonathan Haddad [mailto:jon@jonhaddad.com]
Sent: 10 October 2018 15:46
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: openjdk for cassandra production cluster

The warning should be removed (if it hasn’t already), it’s unnecessary at this point

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 7:41 AM Prachi Rath <prachirath72@gmail.com<mailto:prachirath72@gmail.com>>
wrote:
HI users,
I have created a cassandra cluster with openjdk 1.8.0_181 version.(cassandra 2.1.17)
started each node, cluster looks healthy,but in  the log files saw the WARN
message below:

WARN [main] 2014-01-28 06:02:17,861 CassandraDaemon.java (line 155) OpenJDK
is not recommended. Please upgrade to the newest Oracle Java release

Is this message  WARN informational only or can it be real issue?
Did any one noticed something like this (Or using openjdk for production environment)

Thanks ,
Prachi
--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rustyrazorblade.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=sA0VaJZJFLZREu2pbPeqjXHJ-Wd9NNzgHW3gpUOLSSk&r=CNKccIKIKCVbYTu1VxR8dIOP6NLpf4fYjidpNm-diQ8&m=tc8oeDBEaE6Y8xu1UJEziI67Qb6GPj7lBA7HzvxT7sY&s=U6TqOtwdXMlYg6m1gK7NwxvFE5AZVQiIdX-iYS5zEhE&e=>

destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail
is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services,
please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing
to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company
number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our
website @ www.tradeweb.com.