cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tombstone experience
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:17:47 GMT
Thanks! Great tips on clearing tombstones. The TTL vs. business rules challenge is one we’ve
seen in enterprises moving from relational to non-relational because there is no thought to
planning a data retention policy.

Periodic business rules based cleaning via Spark works well if you use it to set a short TTL
that you would have deleted and that will eventually clear our data depending on the value
you set. My suggestion for those cases where you must do business rules deletions, use a continuous
spark job / Spark streaming on another DC to maintain data hygiene.

Rahul Singh
Chief Executive Officer
m 202.905.2818

Anant Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
Washington, D.C. 20007

We build and manage digital business technology platforms.