cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Huge daily outbound network traffic
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 13:23:21 GMT
Are you sure you don’t have an outside process that is doing an export , Spark job, non AWS
managed backup process ?

Is this network out from Cassandra or from the network?

Rahul
On Aug 7, 2018, 4:09 AM -0400, Behnam B.Marandi , wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a 3 node Cassandra cluster (version 3.11.1) on m4.xlarge EC2 instances with separate
EBS volumes for root (gp2), data (gp2) and commitlog (io1).
> I get daily outbound traffic at a certain time everyday. As you can see in the attached
screenshot, whiile my normal networkl oad hardly meets 200MB, this outbound (orange) spikes
up to 2GB while inbound (purple) is less than 800MB.