cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Murtaza Talwari <mdt_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Performance impact of using NetworkTopology with 3 node cassandra cluster in One DC
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2018 10:22:16 GMT
We are using 3 node Cassandra cluster in one data center.

For our keyspaces as suggested in best practices we are using NetworkTopology for replication
strategy using the GossipingPropertyFileSnitch.
For Read/Write consistency we are using as QUORUM.

In majority of cases when users use NetworkTopology as replication strategy they might have
multiple DataCenters configured.
In our case we have only one DataCenter,

  *   With that using the NetworkTopology as replication strategy will it cause any performance
impact ?
  *   As we are using QUORUM as Read/Write consistency which is considering multiple DataCenters,
does QUORUM consistency have any performance impact ? is it OK to continue using QUORUM consistency
considering future expansions of data centers ?

Please suggest.

Regards,