cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Haddad <...@jonhaddad.com>
Subject Compression Tuning Tutorial
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 18:33:50 GMT
Hey folks,

We've noticed a lot over the years that people create tables usually
leaving the default compression parameters, and have spent a lot of time
helping teams figure out the right settings for their cluster based on
their workload.  I finally managed to write some thoughts down along with a
high level breakdown of how the internals function that should help people
pick better settings for their cluster.

This post focuses on a mixed 50:50 read:write workload, but the same
conclusions are drawn from a read heavy workload.  Hopefully this helps
some folks get better performance / save some money on hardware!

http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2018/08/08/compression_performance.html

--
Jon Haddad
Principal Consultant, The Last Pickle