cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "dinesh.joshi@yahoo.com.INVALID" <dinesh.jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: bigger data density with Cassandra 4.0?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 05:46:06 GMT
Yes, this feature will help with operating nodes with higher data density.
Dinesh

    On Saturday, August 25, 2018, 9:01:27 PM PDT, onmstester onmstester <onmstester@zoho.com>
wrote:

 I've noticed this new feature of 4.0:
Streaming optimizations (https://cassandra.apache.org/blog/2018/08/07/faster_streaming_in_cassandra.html)
Is this mean that we could have much more data density with Cassandra 4.0 (less problems than
3.X)? I mean > 10 TB of data on each node without worrying about node join/remove?
This is something needed for Write-Heavy applications that do not read a lot. When you have
like 2 TB of data per day and need to keep it for 6 month, it would be waste of money to purchase
180 servers (even Commodity or Cloud).
IMHO, even if 4.0 fix problem with streaming/joining a new node, still Compaction is another
evil for a big node, but we could tolerate that somehow

Sent using Zoho Mail