cassandra-user mailing list archives

From onmstester onmstester <onmstes...@zoho.com>
Subject updating old partitions in STCS
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2018 10:48:21 GMT
I read in some best practising documents on datam model that: do not update old partitions
while using STCS. But i always use cluster keys in my queries and cqlsh-tracing reports that
it only accesses sstables with data having specified cluster key (not all sstables containing
part of partition). For example: sstable1 contains (part_key1,cluster_key1) sstable2 contains
(part_key1,cluster_key2) query: select * from my_table where partition_key=part_key1 and custering_key=cluster_key1,
only accesses sstable1. So should i care about this rule and Why? Thanks in advance Sent using
Zoho Mail