cassandra-user mailing list archives

From onmstester onmstester <onmstes...@zoho.com>
Subject Re: full text search on some text columns
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 03:36:08 GMT
Thanks Jordan, There would be millions of rows per day, is SASI capable of standing such a
rate? Sent using Zoho Mail ---- On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:47:55 +0430 Jordan West <jordanrw@gmail.com>
wrote ---- On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 7:45 AM, onmstester onmstester <onmstester@zoho.com>
wrote: I need to do a full text search (like) on one of my clustering keys and one of partition
keys (it use text as data type). For simple LIKE queries on existing columns you could give
SASI (https://docs.datastax.com/en/dse/5.1/cql/cql/cql_using/useSASIIndex.html) a try without
having to stand up a separate piece of software. Its relatively new and isn’t as battle
tested as other parts of Cassandra but it has been used in production. There are some performance
issues with wider-CQL partitions if you have those (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11990).
I hope to address that for 4.0, time permitted.  Full disclosure, I was one of the original
SASI authors.   The input rate is high so only Cassandra could handle it, Is there any open
source version project which help using cassandra+ solr or cassandra + elastic? Any Recommendation
on doing this with home-made solutions would be appreciated? Sent using Zoho Mail