cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Repair
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:45:55 GMT
Have you considered looking into reaper project — could save you time in figuring out your
own strategy. https://github.com/thelastpickle/cassandra-reaper

Otherwise you can always do a round robin of cron jobs per node once a week… Your repair
cycle should repair all servers within a window less than your shortest GC grace seconds.

So if you have a GC of 10 days, you want to complete your repairs in 9 days…

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@anant.us

Anant Corporation
On Jul 16, 2018, 5:15 PM -0400, rajasekhar kommineni <rajacoast@gmail.com>, wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I have all cluster nodes in Cloud, and there is very rare chance for nodes going down.
I want to prepare repair strategy to my cluster, so need inputs on any calculations to decide
when to go for repair.

> Also let me know if my statement is correct or not "It’s not only node down time,but
the write consistency level is also a factor for regular repairs”.