cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tombstone
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:28:05 GMT
The most likely explanation is tombstones in files that won’t be collected as they potentially
overlap data in other files with a lower timestamp (especially true if your partition key
doesn’t change and you’re writing and deleting data within a partition)

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 3:28 AM, Abhishek Singh <abh2345x@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>            We using Cassandra for storing events which are time series based for batch
processing once a particular batch based on hour is processed we delete the entries but we
were left with almost 18% deletes marked as Tombstones.
>                  I ran compaction on the particular CF tombstone didn't come down.
>             Can anyone suggest what is the optimal tunning/recommended practice used
for compaction strategy and GC_grace period with 100k entries and deletes every hour.