cassandra-user mailing list archives

From rajpal reddy <rajpalreddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G1GC CPU Spike
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:51:27 GMT
jvm_gc_collection_seconds_count{gc="G1 Young Generation”} and also young generation seconds
count keep increasing

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Chris Lohfink <clohfink@apple.com> wrote:
>
> The gc log file is best to share when asking for help with tuning. The top of file has
all the computed args it ran with and it gives details on what part of the GC is taking time.
I would guess the CPU spike is from full GCs which with that small heap of a heap is probably
from evacuation failures. Reserving more of the heap to be free (-XX:G1ReservePercent=25)
can help, along with increasing the amount of heap. 8GB is pretty small for G1, might be better
off with CMS.

> Chris
>
>> On Jun 13, 2018, at 8:42 AM, rajpal reddy <rajpalreddy444@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we are using G1GC and noticing garbage collection taking a while and during that
process we are seeing cpu spiking up to 70-80%. can you please let us know. if we have to
tune any parameters for that. attaching the cassandra-env file with jam-options.<cassandra-env.txt>