cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "ZAIDI, ASAD A" <az1...@att.com>
Subject RE: Problem with dropped mutations
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:42:21 GMT
Are you also seeing time-outs on certain Cassandra operations?? If yes, you may have to tweak
*request_timeout parameter in order to get rid of dropped mutation messages if application
data model is not upto mark!

You can also check if network isn't dropping packets (ifconfig  -a tool) +  storage (dstat
tool) isn't reporting too slow disks.

Cheers/Asad

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannu Kröger [mailto:hkroger@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:49 AM
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Problem with dropped mutations

Hello,

We have a cluster with somewhat heavy load and we are seeing dropped mutations (variable amount
and not all nodes have those).

Are there some clear trigger which cause those? What would be the best pragmatic approach
to start debugging those? We have already added more memory which seemed to help somewhat
but not completely.

Cheers,
Hannu