cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Xiangfei Ni <xiangfei...@cm-dt.com>
Subject 答复: upgrade from 3.9 to 3.11.2
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 07:18:55 GMT
Thanks very much,Hannu,I got your point.

Best Regards,

倪项菲/ David Ni
中移德电网络科技有限公司
Virtue Intelligent Network Ltd, co.
Add: 2003,20F No.35 Luojia creative city,Luoyu Road,Wuhan,HuBei
Mob: +86 13797007811|Tel: + 86 27 5024 2516

发件人: Hannu Kröger <hkroger@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2018年5月3日 15:16
收件人: user@cassandra.apache.org
主题: Re: upgrade from 3.9 to 3.11.2

Hi,

It depends on your replication factor and consistency levels used.

If you are not using consistency level of ALL in your applications and your replication factor
is 3, then you usually don’t need to stop your frontend applications for the upgrade.

If replication factor = 2 then you need to run consistency level of one (or local_one or any)
in your applications. You cannot use quorum or all, or your queries start failing.

If replication factor = 1, your queries start failing when you upgrade one node.

Hannu

On 3 May 2018, at 10:12, Xiangfei Ni <xiangfei.ni@cm-dt.com<mailto:xiangfei.ni@cm-dt.com>>
Another question is that,do I need to stop the frontend application during the upgrade?
I have 3 nodes cluster,let’s say:
Cassandra01
Cassandra02
Cassandra03