cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Problem - Disk full
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 14:12:13 GMT
There is zero reason to believe a full repair would make this better and a lot of reason to
believe it’ll make it worse

For casual observers following along at home, this is probably not the answer you’re looking
for.

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Apr 4, 2018, at 4:37 AM, Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.singh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Nothing a full repair won’t be able to fix.
>
>> On Apr 4, 2018, 7:32 AM -0400, Jürgen Albersdorfer <Juergen.Albersdorfer@zweiradteile.net>,
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an urgent Problem. - I will run out of disk space in near future.
>> Largest Table is a Time-Series Table with TimeWindowCompactionStrategy (TWCS) and
default_time_to_live = 0
>> Keyspace Replication Factor RF=3. I run C* Version 3.11.2
>> We have grown the Cluster over time, so SSTable files have different Dates on different
Nodes.

>> From Application Standpoint it would be safe to loose some of the oldest Data.
>>
>> Is it safe to delete some of the oldest SSTable Files, which will no longer get touched
by TWCS Compaction any more, while Node is clean Shutdown? - And doing so for one Node after
another?