cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Venkata Hari Krishna Nukala <n.v.harikrishna.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can "data_file_directories" make use of multiple disks?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 20:00:53 GMT
I spent some time in code (trunk) to understand it better. If I understood
it correctly DiskBoundaryManager.getDiskBoundaries() method does the
partition and it has nothing to do with the compaction strategy. Is it
correct?

cassandra.yaml states that "Directories where Cassandra should store data
on disk. Cassandra will spread data evenly across them, *subject to the
granularity of the configured compaction strategy.*". I feel it is not
correct anymore.  Is it worth updating the doc?