cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jim Witschey <jim.witsc...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: How to restrict users to specific DC.
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:21:33 GMT
Pranay,

> Is it possible to restrict users to specific DC in cassandra,  let's say an user A is
connecting to DC1 and executing queries, how to can I restrict that user to that particular
DC...

This part sounds like a job for a DC-aware load-balancing policy in the driver.

> ... just in case even he change his contact points he shouldn't be able execute queries
on DC2.

This part confuses me. What problem are you trying to solve? Are you
concerned about a DC getting hit with more requests than you'd like
because of a misconfigured driver?