cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jinhua Luo <luajit...@gmail.com>
Subject does c* 3.0 use one ring for all datacenters?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 10:34:55 GMT
Hi All,

I know it seems a stupid question, but I am really confused about the
documents on the internet related to this topic, especially it seems
that it has different answers for c* with vnodes or not.

Let's assume the token range is 1-100 for the whole cluster, how does
it distributed into the datacenters? Think that the number of
datacenters is dynamic in a cluster, if there is only one ring, then
the token range would change on each node when I add a new datacenter
into the cluster? Then it would involve data migration? It doesn't
make sense.

Looking forward to clarification for c* 3.0, thanks!